- But when the strong were too weak to hurt the weak, the weak had to be strong enough to leave. “The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera”
- “She knew of nothing more magnificent than going off into the unknown”. “The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera”.
- A child can teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to always be busy with something, and to know how to demand with all his might that which he desires. “The Fifth Mountain, Paulo Coelho”
- There are moments when God demands our obedience. But there are moments in which He wishes to test our will and challenges us to understand His love. “The Fifth Mountain, Paulo Coelho”
- You have so many extraordinary gifts; how can you expect to lead an ordinary life? You’re ready to go out and – find a good use for your talent. “Little Women- Louisa May Alcott”
- Women have been called queens for a long time, but the kingdom given them isn’t worth ruling. “Louisa May Alcott”
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye. “Miss Piggy”
- I don’t know what you are going to do….but I know I can’t lie around and be lay. I am a thing-finder, and when you are a thing-finder you don’t have a minute to spare. “Pippi Longstocking”
- Don’t you worry about me. I’ll always come out on top. “Pippi Longstocking”
- For you, a thousand times over. “The Kite Runner, Khaled Husseini”
- At the temple, there is a poem called “Loss”, carved into the stone. It has three words, but the poet has scratched them out. You cannot read “Loss”… Only feel it. “Memoirs of a Geisha, Arthur Golden”.
- In my prayers, I want to say: Lord, don’t be far from me, and also don’t come too close. Let me contemplate the stars on the texture of your cloth, but don’t unveil your face to me. Allow me to hear the rivers that you send running, but Lord! Lord! Don’t allow me hearing your voice. “Balthassar’s Odyssey, Amin Maalouf”
- My thoughts are strangers to my body, and as I stand before the mirror, I see something in my face which my soul does not see, and I find in my eyes what my inner self does not find. “From Gibran’s Secrets of the Heart, excerpt from The Poet”
- You know how someone’s appearance can change the longer you know them? How a really attractive person, if you don’t like them, can become more and more ugly; whereas someone you might not have even have noticed… that you wouldn’t look at more than once, if you love them, can become the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen. All you want to do is be near them. “From Gibran’s Secrets of the Heart, excerpt from The Mermaid”
سيبدد ضوؤه ظلمة الليل و النهار
سألة : و في النهار ظلمة ؟
فـرد : أشد حـلكة من الليل ” نقطة النور – بهاء طاهر”
الغربة لا تكون واحدة .انها دائما غربات.غربات تجتمع على صاحبها وتغلق عليه الدائرة. يركض والدائرة تطوقه. عند الوقوع فيها يغترب المرء في “أماكنه”وعن “أماكنه”. أقصد في نفس الوقت.يغترب عن ذكرياته فيحاول التشبث بها. فيتعالى على الراهن والعابر. انه يتعالى دون ان ينتبه إلى هشاشته الأكيدة. فيبدو أمام الناس هشا ومتعاليا. أقصد في نفس الوقت. “رأيت رام الله – مريد البرغوثي”.